Saturday, February 22, 2014

Must be semi-contagious...

In 2010 my son, Matt, attended his first pop culture convention, the ScareFest Horror and Paranormal Convention, at the Lexington Convention Center.  Matt had so much fun he wanted to go to the next one in 2011, and wanted me to go along so I could experience what he was talking about.  After that, we both have attended every ScareFest convention since then.  Not only that, we have attended 2 conventions in Louisville, and both of the Lexington ComicCons, which is the newest convention to "hit" Lexington.

I am not a fan of the horror movies represented at ScareFest, nor am I a believer in the paranormal, but I must say it is so much fun to attend ScareFest.  The Lexington ComicCon has grown from having just the original stars of the Power Rangers show their first year in 2012 (which was a 1 day convention) to such big names as William Shatner, Nichelle Nichols, and George Takei of the original Star Trek tv show and the original Incredible Hulk, Lou Ferrigno, coming to their 3rd convention, says a lot on how popular it has become.

Attending these conventions in Lexington has become rather contagious.  Both Matt and I look forward each year to see just what stars we will get to meet, as well as getting to spend some quality time together.  I've always tried to keep up with what both of my children are interested in so that I could have a better understanding of what they were talking about.

NOTE:  The 2014 Lexington ComicCon will be March 14-16.  The 2014 ScareFest will be September 12-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment