Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Shopping


It seems that the older I get, the worse I get on doing my Christmas shopping. When my kids were growing up, I usually had all my shopping done by November. Now that they are adults? I keep getting started later in the year. :-) This year has really be hard getting anything done due to my son being involved in an auto accident leaving his right foot crushed. Therefore, his dad and I are playing nursemaids.

Don't know about you, but I LOVE shopping online. The kids have wishlists on Amazon, which makes it VERY convenient when doing their Christmas shopping. My daughter also likes Bath & Body Works. So far all the gifts I've bought this year for their stockings have been bought online. Tomorrow I'll actually go out to the brick 'n' mortar stores to pick up some gifts.

Stockings you say? Yes, my kids get all their gifts put in (and around) their 48" stockings. The picture you see is one of these stockings. I bought the stockings back in 1985 at a home party, and they are used every year. It's funny in that both of the kids have certain spots on my living room floor they place their stockings each year on Christmas Eve. I do not put any of their gifts under the tree. Why? The looks on their faces on Christmas morning is my present.

No comments:

Post a Comment