Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Big 6-0...

Today is my 60th birthday, and I'm not very happy about that fact.  My age has never really bothered me until this year.  I have absolutely no idea why I'm having such a hard time accepting the fact that I am 60,  especially since I didn't have any problems with turning 40 and 50.  If truth be told, I've been really depressed about turning 60 and have shed more than a few tears over it.  I like to think I'm the type of person who takes things in stride, so the fact that I'm celebrating such a milestone with such angst is confusing.  In my mind's eye I don't see myself as being old (as opposed to getting older).  Though my family loves me, I sometimes have feelings of insecurity thinking I'm not as special as I thought I was to any of them.  Guess I just need to get over it.

Someone told me recently that age is just a number, and they're right.  Life has dealt me some blows over the years, but the amount of blessings I've received has been far greater.  I have the Lord, my health, my family, a beautiful grandson, just to name a few.  Life has been good to me over all.  Would I change anything if I could do it all over again? Maybe, maybe not.  

Anyway, I'm 60...so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment