Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spring is in the air...

I love the spring of the year for several reasons; not having to bundle up to stay warm, the flowers are blooming, trees are  sprouting leaves, grass is getting greener, and all the baby animals make life so wonderful.  It also means I can get outside with my camera and take nature pictures, which is one of my favorite things to do.  If you check out the Photo Albums on my website, Sharry's Place, you will see that the vast majority of my pictures are taken outside.  I recently uploaded approximately 69 photos to my site and over 50% of them were of flowers.  The pictures you see posted on your left are among the latest I've added to my site.  

The latter part of March I added several photos my son and I had taken at the Lexington Comic Book and Toy Convention.  Coming up in September we will be attending the ScareFest Horror and Paranormal Convention in Lexington, KY.  Those photos will be added sometime in October, as the convention is from September 30-October 2.
 
Taking pictures is something I've enjoyed over the last 50 years.  I still own my first camera, a Kodak Instamatic.  I sure wish they still made film and flash cubes for it.  The back of the camera would open up and you dropped the film in, shut the back, then turned a knob to forward the film till it stopped.  You could take 4 pictures with a single flash cube.  If you seriously thought about it, technology has changed so much in the last 50 years.  Eventually, I would love to take photography classes or at least work with someone who could give me tips.

Eveyone should have a camera ready, whether it is on your phone, a tablet, or actual camera.  My sisters use to fuss about all the pictures I would take, but now that their children have grown with kids of their own, they are glad of all the pictures that were taken years ago.

Until next time, take pictures to help make those memories last for future generations...Someone will be glad you did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment